Monday, February 11, 2008

Random musings on losing my laptop

- Always back-up your files! Though had I regularly used my external drive to back-up, I think I would be keeping it with my laptop bag. Ergo, it would've been gone too.

- I lost pretty much half my life there. All my files since joining IBM are stored there, and that included personal (non-work) stuff. I will never retrieve those again. Not even excellent IBM technology can help me here.

- I came to work this morning like a new hire. No ID, no laptop, no office keys, no nothing. All I had was a freaking piece of paper called a police report.

- My schedule is worse than a train wreck. I don't have my LN calendar to rely on. I have no idea what my schedule is this week or next unless they issue my new TP soon.

- I've never ever missed checking Lotus Notes, until today. I'm dreading to check my email as I'm waiting for a particular response.

- I had a pretty kickass IBM lanyard for my ID. I lost it too. It'll be difficult to get a similar one again.

- I have to buy a new cam. Hassle.

- With all the unwanted stress this whole situation has brought on me, I wish those thieves the worst possible karma. Punyeta.

No comments: