Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stepladder-ing our way to the Finals

We won our second stepladder semifinals game last Sunday to reach the championship match next weekend. It was a tight affair throughout but we managed to pull ahead and win it in overtime.

I made the pivotal, game-changing play in OT with an and-one opportunity off a fastbreak. However, with my emotions running high, I screamed at my hapless defender with full rage and I was T'd up for taunting. Unfortunately, it was also my fifth personal foul so I had to leave the game. I fouled out for the second straight game after getting disqualified on Saturday's semifinal game as well. I was just retaliating on the same old guy after he showed up my teammate after a great defensive play. He, too, was given a technical foul after he was trying to be macho tried to go after me. We led 40-38 after my layup and we never let up until the final buzzer.

There's some drama and suspense involved though as I was notified of a protest filed against one my teammates. Apparently, this teammate of mine also played for another Batch Division team whereas ABL rules provide that only one Batch Division team is allowed per player.

Should the protest be upheld, that will mean we will have to forfeit the championship game on Saturday.

No comments: