Friday, April 16, 2010

Twice busted

I joined my first major poker tournament yesterday and it did not go too well. LOL.

I busted out early at my first table after taking my pocket ducks all the way to the river. I had the guy at Ace-King and I didn't expect him to have hit the top pair on the flop (8-4-4). I would've folded had the flop been face cards.

I busted out the second time after a few more levels, this time I went all-in with an off-suited Ace-Jack. I had probably the shortest stack on the table and the huge big blind was creeping already so I said fuck it and let's do this. My opponent had Ace-Queen and that was the end of my short and forgettable first stint at a major poker event.

Props to my friend, Josh, for making it past the super satellite and winning an Php 11k seat at the main event. He was among the top 5 among the 17 satellite qualifiers.

No comments: