Sunday, May 04, 2008

NBA Playoffs: 2nd Round

The Conference Semifinals (aka Round 2) of the NBA postseason officially started today. Here are my picks:

Edit (May 5, 2008): Boston just blew out Atlanta in Game 7 earlier this morning, they win the series, 4-1.

EAST (Team in CAPS has homecourt advantage)

(1)BOSTON vs (4)Cleveland

The Celtics had a scare against lowly Atlanta. Still, they are NBA's number one team. Boston will dispose of Lebron and the Cavs in 6 games.

(2)DETROIT vs (3)Orlando

Once zoned in, no one can stop the Pistons, not even Dwight Howard. Depending on their motivation, I'd say Detroit in 5, 6 or 7 games. Haha. You never know when the Pistons will take their games seriously.

WEST (Team in CAPS has homecourt advantage)

(1)LA LAKERS vs (4)Utah

I don't see how Utah can stop league MVP Kobe. I can see the Lakeshow losing a game though. LA in 5.

(2)NEW ORLEANS vs (3)San Antonio

I'd go with my heart again on this one. I love Chris Paul. I hate Tim Duncan. I don't care how long the series goes, but I'm picking the Hornets to reach the Conference Finals.

No comments: