Saturday, May 03, 2008

NBA Playoffs update

Alright, so most of my predictions went whack... I was using my heart over my brain again. Admittedly, my picks were not the most logical and rational. I was choosing based on who I wanted to win.

Anyway, here's what has happened in the first round so far:

EAST

(1)BOSTON vs (8)Atlanta:

The series is tied at 3 games apiece. Many people were thinking Celtic sweep here, me included. Obviously, the Hawks have proven us wrong and have matched up pretty well. Win-or-go-home game 7 is on Monday.

(2)DETROIT vs (7)Philadelphia:

I said the Pistons will sweep the city of brotherly love. Detroit decides to take them out in 6 games. I honestly believe the Detroit players made a ton of money in this series.

(3)ORLANDO vs (6)Toronto:

I went out on a limb and said the Raptors will win in 7. Dwight Howard shut me up and the Magic took it in 5.

(4)CLEVELAND vs (5)Washington:

I finally got something right. King James leads the Cavs to a 4-2 series win over the Wizards.

WEST

(1)LA LAKERS vs (8)Denver:

This one was purely emotional. I hate Kobe so much I said Denver will win in 7 games. Guess what? MVP Kobe delivers a strong statement and sweeps the Nuggets.

(2)NEW ORLEANS vs (7)Dallas:

I thought this series could go to 6 games. Chris Paul thought differently. He killed Jason Kidd and the Mavericks in 5.

(3)SAN ANTONIO vs (6)Phoenix:

Another emotional prediction, I went with Nash and the Suns in 7 games. The Spurs took Phoenix to school and had them graduate in 5.

(4)Utah vs (5)HOUSTON:

Another of my stupid picks, I had Houston in 5. Utah finished the Rockets in 6.

-----------
My series record: East 2-1 (Boston-Atlanta pending); West 1-3. I need Boston to win to at least get a .500 split. Else, I drop to 3-5.

Previous post:
NBA Playoff Predictions

No comments: