Friday, May 05, 2006

crüeL 1999 (AHS 1995-1999)

I had a reunion with my high school classmates at Katips last night. It was a bit of an impromptu gathering as I only knew about it the night before while everyone else knew days ahead.

Anyhow, it's been 11 years since we all started freshman year together at the Ateneo de Manila High School. It was a totally new world for me being a transfer student. I can't believe I've known these guys for more than a decade now. Time indeed flies so fast.

There have been several intriguing revelations last night. A high school kabarkada of mine will become a father soon. Nothing weird with that right? However, he's expecting two kids from different mothers. The story's not finished yet... there might be a possibility of a third one! I just hope he knows what he's gotten himself into.

We also have a classmate currently being tried for frustrated homicide. He (with some other fratmates) allegedly beat up (almost to death) some guy. I'm not sure how the case has progressed but I remember reading about it in some of the major newspapers. He wasn't there last night though. So we couldn't get his side. I guess he got all macho and stuff in college as we'd always pick on him back in high school. It's probably our fault that he became a violent wreck.

Several classmates have come out in the open regarding their sexuality too. Though we've always speculated on their sexual preference, there was never really any confirmation. As of date, I think about four or five from our class are out in the open. Heck, they even shared stories about their sexual escapades with men. This is surprising too as they were very quiet and reserved back then.

Hmm... we have our own share of celebrities too. Chicosci, a famous band in the rock circles, started out in the hallowed grounds of Ateneo High. Almost all of them were our classmates. Marti Gallego has had a number of TV appearances in ABS-CBN due to his romantic involvement with aspiring actress Roxanne Barcelo of Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition fame. Robbie Reyes is known in the mixed martial arts world having competed in the URCC (the Pinoy version of UFC). I had my own fifteen minutes of fame too, when I guested in Boy Abunda's morning talk show, Home Boy, last year.

It was a blast seeing these guys again. We've all gone our separate ways but we've managed to take time out and reminisce on what most people consider the best years of their lives... high school.

Til the next one crüeL, cheers!

No comments: