Saturday, October 27, 2007

Erap gets release papers

So the deposed former president was released the other day on the basis of the executive clemency granted upon him by President Arroyo. It's the first time (ever) that Erap acknowledged GMA as the country's chief executive. It's about time he starts licking her chops because she did him a huge favor. Imagine being free now considering he was just convicted a few months back.

I don't like GMA's decision to pardon Erap. I was present in Edsa Dos and I feel all the efforts of the people are put to naught with what seems to be a politically-motivated call by Arroyo. I'm guessing it's mutually beneficial arrangement. I-scratch-your-back-you-scratch-mine sort of deal.

But, come to think of it, Erap has served more than six years in jail detention. Plus he's over 70 years old. And my God, have you seen the condition of his mother? It's so terrifying, it makes me think twice about reaching old age. And no way in hell I'm exaggerating.

That said, pardoning Erap may not be that bad after all.

No comments: