Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Random thoughts on my HK-Macau trip

Summed up my thoughts and integrated them into a Q&A-type format. I'll just add more as I remember them.

Highlight?
- Baccarat and basketball. I can survive with this combo.

Better highlight?
- Sharing a blackjack table with a couple of Americans. The game of 21's has never been this interesting. Word to commando and the Brazilians.

Best highlight?
- Courtside tickets baby. 1oth row. FTMFW!

Big disappointment?
- Finding out my cam was on ISO 1600 the whole time.

Bigger disappointment?
- No long lenses allowed during the USA-Turkey game.

Biggest disappointment?
- 36 hours ain't enough.

Thing I wish we had in Manila?
- The revolving door at Lisboa. My boys would know what's up.

Laughtrip moment?
- We were running late and we almost boarded the TurboJet to Shenzhen.

Most used words/phrases?
- 'How much' or in the local vernacular 'hawmats.' We were literally throwing it around.

Funniest word heard?
- 'Ses.'

Wishful thinking?
- More English-speaking Chinese in Hongkong and Macau please.

Cheap thrill?
- Fast-riding at HKIA (aka Chek Lap Kok). FTW!

No comments: