Thursday, April 23, 2009

Filthy and floody Manila

I had a fun Recto adventure with my ex last month. She needed to run an errand so I accompanied her and we took the easiest and most convenient way to get there - to commute via LRT2. It might not have been the most comfortable option but it was a seamless ride.

My trip to Manila yesterday was nothing like my last one though. I may have picked the wrong time to go because it was raining real hard halfway through my train ride from Katipunan to Recto. Afterwhich I would need to go down and transfer to LRT1 to go to Malate.

Upon reaching the Recto terminal, there was flood everywhere. You cannot get out of the station without submerging your calves in dirty water. It was even worse along Taft, from where LRT1 passes. Getting off the Pedro Gil station to go to Robinsons Place Malate seemed like suicide.

I did manage to complete my errand but not after going through hell and high water. Excuse me for the pun but I was soaked from head to foot. My AM90 did not deserve the punishment it took from the murky flood water.

Anyway, my ordeal just reminded me of how shitty the Taft area is. They make Katipunan look way too posh.

No comments: