Sunday, December 18, 2005

Wedding Bells

A good friend of mine sent me a text the other night, asking if she could meet up with me. I was like, "What's up girl?" She said she had kwento and needed to tell me asap. I wasn't in the mood to go out and meet up with anyone so I politely declined. I said next time na lang. She said she'll drop by my place so that I don't need to hassle myself. Alright, so I agreed.

Fast forward. She told me that she was getting married. I didn't ask who the guy was because I pretty much had an idea already. She was getting hitched to the father of her four-year-old kid. I wasn't surprised at all considering I've always told her that her best option will always be going back to the father of her child, as other guys will have a hard time trying to accept her situation. I was telling her in a way that it's gonna be difficult for her to find another guy who'll accept her. In a sense, I told her that her back was against the wall, and that she hardly had any choice and the best cases scenario would be to get married to him. I was actually laughing at her too, as they've been on-and-off for like 5 years or so already. This is actually the third time they're planning a wedding. The past two ones didn't push through. With that kind of history, I honestly doubt this will work out.

Anyhow, I just wish you, my friend, all the best. I hope you're getting married for all the right reasons and not for the wrong ones. Time is too precious to be wasted on senseless things. I hope you're making the correct decision.

Only time will tell though.

No comments: