Monday, October 09, 2006

Crazy Taxi

Had an interesting experience today... Read on..


There I was, standing near the street curb outside my condo this morning, waiting to hail a cab. Minutes later, an olive green 1993 Corona stops in front of me. Rolling down the front passenger side window, a middle-aged man asks me, "Sakay kang taxi?"

I said yes. He then followed with, "Saan ka?" I muttered Eastwood. He then motions me to hop in. I quickly sized the man up. He looked frail and brittle. And he didn't look dangerous. Besides, it was morning and the sun was out. It would've been different if it was night time. So I took the adventure head on and decided to ride. Worst case, I'd be beasting with him if he tried to rob me or something. He told me to just pay him the usual cab fare so I agreed.

He took me to Eastwood, I got off and paid him seventy bucks.

It seems he was just trying to gain a little money on the side. Nice old fella. God bless him.

No comments: