Thursday, October 12, 2006

No effort goes unnoticed

I received the best email in my 7 months of stay here in IBM this afternoon. It was such a pleasant surprise as I never expected it even in my wildest dreams.

My boss forwarded me a couple of emails from the IBS Leadership Team, recognizing my efforts to accomplish what was deemed as a tough, challenging and no-win situation task of recruiting for one of the newer projects. At that time, we were hard-pressed to meet the hiring demand as we were only given a couple of weeks of lead time. I was handed the unenviable responsibility of completing the project. We couldn't say no, as that will undermine our capability as a recruitment team. We had to take on the challenge head-on despite knowing that we might fall short of the deadline.

In the end, we were way ahead of schedule and we're right on track for the second and third waves as well.

This recognition should go out to the rest of the WFM team.

Thanks guys.

Thanks to Ms. E and Ms. C for taking time out to send the thank you notes. Again, I never expected to get recognized nor did I want the accolade, but I'm truly honored and appreciative.



PS. I wrote about this project a couple of times already. Here are the links:

Project TASC
TASC Completed

No comments: