Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ponti

I saw a feature on TV (ANC's Executive Class) about Il Ponticello. It's a restaurant along the Valero strip of the Salcedo Village area. It's more popularly known as 'Ponti' now among the young crowd.

I was a freshman in college when I first heard about the place. It wasn't known as Ponti back then. I remember hanging out there with the rest of the Ateneo Football Team during get-togethers. It was never crowded like it is now. It also used to be one of the places you'd bring your date for a fine dining experience.

A lot has changed already since those days. It is now a nightspot where the underage young'n's frequent. I feel it has lost its nice ambience, in favor of the loud and club scene atmosphere.

With a crowd filled with minors trying to make themselves fit in, no wonder it has lost its appeal.

No comments: