Thursday, December 07, 2006

Day 8 Post-Op

I went to the doctor yesterday for my eighth day post-op check-up. Feedback was mixed.

Here are the good points:
- I can drop the crutches and the immobilizer.
- I can put Tegaderm over the incisions which should make taking a shower a breeze. It used to be a bitch.
- He expects me to recover quick as my flexion is nearing 100 degrees after seven days. From experience, he says some folks need about thow weeks to reach 90 degrees.

Now the bad points:
- My skin staples need to stay another week. Damn, i can just imagine how painful it will be once he takes them out.
- The swelling and bruising will remain for about two more weeks.

Overall, I think I'm ahead of schedule. I'm starting therapy soon to regain my full range of motion. It probably will take me about 8-12 weeks to reach full leg extension and knee flexion.

No comments: