Wednesday, December 06, 2006

More thoughts on the Subic rape case

Everyone knows her name. She's been seen on live TV during the trial. But why the hell do journalists still hide her under her pseudonym, 'Nicole'?

Once and for all, the slut's name is Suzette Nicolas. She cried rape to save her from the embarassment and humiliation of sleeping with an American soldier while being engaged to another.

------------

Evalyn Ursua, Suzette Nicolas' private prosecutor, wins the dumbest Filipina lawyer award hands down. For someone who holds a law degree, she surely is incompetent.

------------

Noted and well-respected priest, Fr. James Reuter, SJ, believes that what happened between L/Cpl Smith and Suzette Nicolas was consensual. Enough said.

He speaks the truth.

------------

There was a skirmish between the Makati police and the Americans (US Embassy security personnel and the four US Marines) after the decision was handed down. The Makati policemen were pulling Daniel Smith to one side, while his American security were shielding him from harm.

Truth be told, these four US Marines alone can wipe out the whole Makati police contingent in hand-to-hand combat.

7 comments:

Ederic said...

But why the hell do journalists still hide her under her pseudonym, 'Nicole'?

Hi Paolo, we follow the the (Philippine) Journalists' Code of Ethics, which says:

VIII. I shall presume persons accused of crime of being innocent until proven otherwise. I shall exercise caution in publishing names of minors and women involved in criminal cases so that they may not unjustly lose their standing in society.

Gameover said...

Hi Ederic,

I get your point. But since her identity was divulged during the promulgation (her face even shown), I just don't see the point in reverting back to her pseudonym.

Just my opinion.

Unknown said...

I definitely agree. I also think there was sex involved, but that Suzette was not telling the whole truth. I also featured it on my blog, http://mawe.wordpress.com.

Gameover said...

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for reading my post. I went over yours and we definitely share the same sentiments.

I feel bad for L/Cpl Smith, but I believe he will be eventually vindicated, by hook or by crook. The US-Philippine ties are more important and vital than Suzette Nicolas' welfare.

Aileen said...

"Evalyn Ursua, Suzette Nicolas' private prosecutor, wins the dumbest Filipina lawyer award hands down. For someone who holds a law degree, she surely is incompetent."

and i say you win the award for dumbest blogger. someone who makes opinions about an issue without studying it thoroughly is surely incompetent.

Gameover said...

Let's just put it this way: You have your own opinion and I got mine. No matter what others say, I'm sure you'll stick with your beliefs. And so will I.

Enough said.

Tiki Music said...

According to one source, medical reports reveal that forcible sex took place. Did the defense counter that through medical findings that show the contrary?