Friday, June 20, 2008

MCBL: License to talk

Just got back from our game about an hour ago. We played against Epson. They were arguably the most annoying team we've faced since we started joining third party leagues. They were just too damn noisy. They couldn't keep their mouths shut.

I have nothing against noisy teams. I mean, we can be pretty noisy and annoying too. We can get pretty amped when we're blowing teams out. Difference is, we're winning and they're not. As long as you're winning, you can run your mouths nonstop. But if you're getting your ass spanked, shut the fuck up and walk away.

Now, back to the game. We had an excellent start running our transition offense. I think we scored 10 quick points just by keeping the fastbreak moving. We had no trouble finding the lane for some easy baskets. We had like a 12 point lead when the quarter ended.

We put our reserves in during the second period and Epson slowly made it into a game. They closed in to within 4 points, 24-20, and we had to sue for time. With most of the starters resting, our shock troopers couldn't find the groove offensively and we got stuck in a little bit of rut. When the starters returned, we got our attack flowing again and we erected a huge 44-28 margin by halftime.

It was all downhill for Epson after. They just couldn't keep up with our firepower and our depth. They either ran out of ink or were using substandard refills. Just like all our wins this season, it was pretty much over by the third quarter. In boxing, it would've been a referee stops contest. Corner throws in the towel. Final score was 98-63.

Herbert topscored with 25 points. JP followed with a season-high 24. I don't usually plug myself in but I'll make an exception since I almost had a triple-double with 9 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists.

Highlight of the night? I got T'd up for the first time ever. I was jawing with these dudes all night and the zebras finally called one on me. I can't say it wasn't warranted but it sucks as it comes with a 500 peso fine.

Record: 4-1
Next game: vs Coffey - June 27, Friday, at Club 650

No comments: