Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ateneo vs La Salle, the PBA edition

I caught the ADMU-DLSU fundraising game earlier. It pitted Ateneo's PBA players against their counterparts from La Salle.

I would've wanted an all-out war (ala UAAP) instead of the laidback exhibition ambience. It lacked the fierce competition you'd expect from an Ateneo-La Salle tussle. Nevertheless, both teams played well and the final score might have been the most appropriate outcome: a 90-all tie at the end of regulation.

I personally would've wanted an extension period to decide the victors, but yeah I think everyone would be fine with a draw. No winners, no losers. Just funds raised for a charitable cause.

Not sure how they made money though, judging from a sea of empty seats inside the Big Dome. I swear they should've let people inside (for free) if only to create a jampacked standing-room only atmosphere.

Good luck to the Blue Eagles pros for the upcoming PBA season.

One Big Fight!

No comments: