Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Let's Groove tonight!!!

When I found out Earth Wind and Fire was coming to Manila for a concert, something told me I needed to go. I watched them at the Philsports Complex (formerly known as ULTRA) the last time they came to town back in 1997 (or 98). It was a no-brainer. I just had to see them again last night.

The show was good, nothing great though. They started out bad in my opinion, opening up with four songs unknown to most of the crowd. Then they lit it up with consecutive hits, "After The Love Has Gone" and "Reasons". They followed with a few more what-song-are-they-singing numbers. They saved the best for last as they supposedly ended with "September" then they came back out for an encore performance of "Boogie Wonderland" and "Let's Groove".

If only they arranged the song sequence a little better, I think it would've made the crowd pumped up from the beginning. Still, Filipinos are known to be great fans, and despite the rough start, we still showed EWF how Pinoys party.

No comments: