Sunday, January 25, 2015

American Sniper


I'm a big fan of war movies, even those that feel like they were made for propaganda. I've heard some folks say that this film is Hollywood's way of trying to help out America justify the Iraq war. You know what? I'm not concerned about the political motivations of any film, if any. I don't really care. Just give me two hours of entertainment and hopefully I go home satisfied.

I like violent movies. Maybe it's the fascination for guns that I've had since I was a kid. Maybe it's the same reason why I loved playing Counterstrike back in the day. It gives you a sneak peak, a thrill ride into what goes on during war, without the risk of being shot at.

I knew I was going to love the movie the moment the first theatrical trailers came out a few months ago. Add the fact that it had a lot of good reviews, was a box office hit, and that it was nominated for an Academy Award for best picture. It had must watch written all over it.

I'm rooting for it to win Best Picture, and for Bradley Cooper to get Best Actor.




No comments: