Thursday, January 08, 2015

Love and Heartbreak in 2014


Disclaimer: I actually enjoyed writing this, and everything is pretty much accurate but don't take it too seriously/literally. All in good fun.

------------------------------------------------------

My dating life in 2014
Had a number of twists and turns.
Here's a brief summary
In old school poem form.

I met a good deal of new lady friends
And went out with a few.
Got turned down a couple of times
But also broke a heart or two.

Dated a closet narcissist,
Who didn't fall into my usual type.
Glad that didn't last long,
Just had to kill the hype.

Messed with Tinder
And swiped right with the trend.
Suprisingly met a few people
Who turned out to become awesome friends.

Crossed paths with an old crush.
We flirted, dated and fell in love quickly.
Spent an evening to witness the great John Legend
As he serenaded Manila to "All of Me."

Thought we had a great relationship,
I felt she was The One.
She got me thinking long term.
Like my bachelor days are done.

Unfortunately, when the going got tough,
She quit on us too easily.
She didn't want to make it work,
Giving reasons and excuses so flimsy.

Won't lie, I felt pissed and crushed
But maybe things will work out in the end.
Looking forward to the future
Even if the present I can't comprehend.

It wasn't the best way to end the year
But such is life.
Hoping 2015 will be better
With the (new) love of my life by my side.

No comments: