Monday, September 24, 2007

IBS Final Four: No PG, no problem

PG could stand for either point guard or my initials as I sat out due to injury. My badly busted ankle is still a bit swollen, though it should be fine for next week's championship game. My team didn't have a natural floor general to run the show and they missed my league best 8.7 assists per game.

Ultimately, I wasn't needed so I had the liberty of sitting this one out.

-------------

LeNoBo held off a seemingly close first quarter with TASC-CCC, then used a strong second quarter run to build an early double-digit lead. The surge was anchored on a relentless swarming defensive stance that forced turnover after turnover. These led to easy baskets on transition. Soon enough, the LeNoBo offense was running on full speed erecting a big 22-point cushion in the third period.

TASC-CCC made a run in the fourth with a barrage of treys, to narrow the gap to 13 points, 60-73. A quick 8-0 LeNoBo retaliation ignited by back-to-back three-pointers quickly extinguished whatever hopes they had of a comeback.

I'm still wondering how the hell on earth could this team think they could beat us. Should anyone of you know the answer, please drop me a line.

Final score: Lenobo 81, TASC-CCC 60.

LeNoBo had four players score in twin digits (Herbert 19, Gian 17, JP 13, Emer 10).

Next game: the Finals, vs. Allstate, September 29, Saturday, at the Meralco Gym.

No comments: