Saturday, September 29, 2007

LeNoBo is king of IBS Basketball

LeNoBo completed a magnificent season with an exciting 61-60 triumph over a taller, supposedly much-heralded Allstate team to capture the 2007 IBS Basketball Championship earlier at the Meralco Gym.

What initially seemed like a LeNoBo rout took a interesting turn in the latter part of the fourth quarter. It was neck-and-neck as LeNoBo was maintaining a three point lead with about two minutes left. Then came the drama. I gave up a hard, competitive duty foul to prevent an easy Allstate fastbreak opportunity. During the ensuing deadball, the dude I fouled picks up the ball, turns around and throws a fastball towards me. Too bad for him I've outstanding reflexes, not too mention I was a first team soccer goalkeeper most of my life, so I was able to coral the ball. Seeing the asshole trying to man me up, I almost charged him at full speed but cooler heads prevailed. I would've killed the dude's knees as they were wobbling like Pamela Anderson's boobs. All this ruckus almost incited a bench-clearing melee.

Dude was thrown out of the game, but so was I. This was probably to appease the Allstate crowd because they were getting rowdy. Oh yeah, did I mention they have the most annoying fans? Think Erap/FPJ supporters on a picket. It was our pleasure to finally make them shut the fuck up.

-------------------
Kudos to JP for a spectacular scoring game with his points coming mostly from his patented floaters (word to Tony Parker). He was subsequently named Finals MVP. Good job, men.

Shoutout to the rest of my LeNoBo teammates. Til our title defense next year....

No comments: