Monday, March 20, 2006

ABL 2006 in review

The 2006 ABL season officially ended Saturday night with the annual fellowship dinner. My team's season ended two weeks ago with a semifinal loss to Accenture.

This was a breakout year for me, as I played the best basketball in my four seasons in the league. As a result, I've decided to list down some of the major highlights of my season. I'm not doing this to brag about anything (it's just a game), but to mark the gradual improvement I've had since my rookie season in 2003.

-I was named to the All-Division Second Team, ranking 9th overall.

-I ranked among the top 4 in the division in three categories based on averages: 1st in steals (2.86), 2nd in assists (4.6) and 4th in freethrow percentage (61.1%).

-I placed among the top 10 in the division in two other categories: 5th in field goal percentage (45.3%) and 8th in scoring (14.4).

-I led Team Adidas in the following categories: scoring, total points, field goal percentage, freethrow percentage, field goals made, freethrows made and attempted, assists, steals, and minutes played.

It was an outstanding season for me, on an individual level. My team didn't do as well as we wanted to yet we managed to snag third place. It's not that bad after all.

I'm looking forward to next season. The countdown to January 2007 starts now.

No comments: