Monday, March 06, 2006

End of Season

The magical run is over.

After 7 regular season games and 2 semifinal matches, our season is finally over. We lost to a determined Accenture squad last night. Like our first meeting, this one proved to be another nailbiter, as we found ourselves at the short end of the stick, losing 55-57. We never really expected to go this far, not with a horrendous regular season record. But we managed to make the season more interesting with a huge semifinal win over Unilab.

On a personal note, this was the worst game I've had this year. I think I had season lows in practically all of the major categories (points, field goal and freethrow percentage most especially). This was the toughest defense I've seen all year too. The only times I failed to reach double figures were in the two games we faced them. Their defense is way better than top-ranked Globe in my opinion. Globe has too much firepower though.

At any rate, all good things must come to an end. It was a great run while it lasted. It's just too bad that we have to wait until January 2007 before the next season starts.

Damn, that's a pretty long wait.

No comments: