Wednesday, March 01, 2006

One of Them Better Days

I haven't had the best of weeks recently. It's been a stressful month or so to say the least. Most of which stems from the fact that I have to find work soon. Not only just work though, but it has to be something I'd really like to do. Otherwise, it's not going to work out in the long run.

For some reason, I woke up feeling really good yesterday. I dunno why, but it was such a welcome surprise considering I haven't been sleeping soundly lately.

The day turned out pretty good too. I had a job interview with Globe Telecom in the afternoon. It went well in my opinion. I had quite a good discussion with the people who interviewed. I think I made a nice impression as well. Incidentally, much to my surprise, I had met their recruitment manager already. We were both guests at Boy Abunda's Home Boy over at ABS-CBN almost a year ago. The topic was about HR recruitment practices. I was the representative for the call center industry, while she was the resource person for the telecommunications industry. It was a good thing that she remembers me. I hope that adds bearing to my application, as she has the final say when it comes to recruitment decisions. Come to think of it, I'd love to work for Globe. I wouldn't think twice if ever they made an offer.

Later in the day, I received a bit of good news still from a jobhunting standpoint. I was being asked by IBM to report for another interview later today (March 1). It was going to be my third interview with them. I've heard around that if IBM invites you for an interview for a third time, it usually is pleasant news. I honestly thought that it was over for me there as I haven't heard from them for over three weeks already. They told me the last time that they'd contact me if ever. Being an HR practitioner, I know that most of the time the call never comes. It was indeed a surprising development.

It seems like the future's looking bright. I hope things work out, either with Globe or IBM. I'm raring to go back and join the workforce.

No comments: