Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ateneo Basketball League

The Ateneo Basketball League (ABL) starts its 2006 season this weekend, January 14-15. It's officially the largest alumni-based league in the country with over 150 teams participating this year. Everybody's been waiting for the season to begin, I fully expect it to be a success, as always.

This year is going to be my 4th season, again suiting up for the Adidas team. Last year, Team Adidas reached the playoffs despite being a rookie team, with most of our members playing in their first seasons as well. With the experience we gained then, we hope to do better this year. It's going to be difficult since we're playing in the corporate division, rest assured though that we'll go down fighting.

Speaking of playoffs, I've been fortunate enough to win an ABL division championship during my rookie year back in 2003. My team then was composed of my Ateneo HS 1999 batchmates and a few other friends. A big shoutout goes to all my former teammates: division MVP Imman Decena, brothers JR and Greg Umali, sweet-shooting Mark Odulio, Von ValdepeƱas, Josh Pritchard, Jon Bantigue, Chucky Reyes, and the rest of Team 4C99. We were all rookies then, but we managed to go all the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wooohooo! have fun!