Monday, January 16, 2006

Blowout!

We just had our ABL season-opener last night against Ateneo-San Miguel Corporation. They weren't exactly the strongest of teams, but they blew us out by a massive 35 points, 81-46. I sat out the game because of a 1-game suspension I had to serve for the 2005 season. I am not saying that we would've won had I played, but it sure would've been a more tightly contested game because of the experience I bring from the point guard slot. As Ateneo-Adidas' floor general last season, I averaged a division best 5.6 assists basically on drive-and-dish plays with my shooters on the wing. We had none of that last night. The guys were basically scrambling all over the court without much direction.

Anyway, we're setting our sights for our next game this Saturday at the more familiar Moro Lorenzo gym, against Ateneo-Sustagen. Hopefully, we will able to do better this time though I'm sure it's not gonna be easy. They have one guy who scores over 30 a game, so we have to lock and contain him down. I'll take over from point, and will probably take on their best offensive threat.

With me back on the court, we'll be a totally different team. For real.

No comments: