Saturday, January 28, 2006

Flash Me the Finger

Injuries seem to be loving me, as I keep getting something twisted, tweaked or broken one body part after another. The latest being another jammed, dislocated finger courtesy of a basketball gig a few days ago.

I've jammed a lot of fingers already. I think every single finger I have has been sprained during one time or another. But this one's different. It's actually not as painful and swollen as my previous ones. So it seems like a good sign right? However, it's the ugliest looking sprained finger I've ever seen... the joint near the fingertip is crooked. Yes, it's downright nasty. I can't straighten the joint out. I have to keep a splint tied onto it to keep it 'normal'.

Experts say it should heal and straighten itself out in about a week or two. No need for extra special care, just the splint will do.

Of course, it didn't stop me from continuing to play, as I already played last night. A broken nose didn't deter me from playing, so what's a disclocated (or possibly fractured) finger gonna do?

No comments: